Next Meeting: Saturday, April 1, 3 p.m. at the home of Amy Ruffo. Contact one of the team leaders for the address.
Gerrymandering has been identified as a major obstacle to democracy, and Pennsylvania is one of the most gerrymandered states in the union. Here’s what you can do:
- Call your state senator and ask him to support SB22. This is a bipartisan bill that would create an independent body to draw legislative districts.
- Call the Lancaster County Commissioners and ask them to pass a resolution in favor of redistricting reform.
- Educate yourself about the issue. Here are some good resources:
- WITF recently broadcast an episode of Smart Talk focused on this topic. You can listen to it online: http://www.witf.org/smart-talk/2017/02/pennsylvanias-congressional-districts.php
- This is an in-depth article about the current state of affairs in PA: http://www.politicspa.com/democrats-hold-the-cards-for-state-level-redistricting/81721/